Types of Information We Collect
Personal Information: Personal information is information to specifically identify an individual, such as a customer’s name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, credit card or other account number, and information about that individual’s activities when directly linked to that person such as information about his or her purchases. Personal information also includes demographic information, such as date of birth, gender, geographic area, and preferences, when such information is linked to other personal information that identifies the individual.
Aggregate Information: Personal information does not include “aggregate” information. Aggregate information is data we collect about a group or category of products, services or customers, from which individual customer identities have been removed. In other words, information about how you use a service might be collected and combined with information about how others use the same service, but no personal information will be included in the resulting data. Likewise, information about the products you purchase might be collected and combined with information about the products purchased by others. Aggregate data helps us understand trends and customer needs so that we can better consider new products and services, and tailor existing products and services to customer desires. We might share aggregate information about our users with third parties for various purposes, such as helping us better understand and improve our services, and for advertising and marketing purposes.
How We Collect and Use Personal Information
collects personal information from you at several different points on our Website, as set forth below. In general, we use personal information for the purpose for which it was collected (such as to provide services or complete transactions you have requested, for billing purposes, and to anticipate and resolve problems with our Website and our products and services), for our own internal business operations, to respond to customer support inquiries and for other purposes as described below.
Registration, Purchases; Other Information Submissions
- When you register to become a member on our Website, you are asked to create a unique login and password, and are required to give certain personal information (such as your name, email address, and zip/postal code). We might also request certain information about your tastes and preferences (such as your favorite food, purchases or recipes).
- Information you provide during registration might be used for some or all of the following:
- to provide services you have requested, or to otherwise fulfill your request; and
- to contact you from time to time (i) about services on our Website for which you have expressed interest; (ii) with news, (iii) for internal marketing, informational, and promotional purposes; or (iv) for any other lawful purpose related to your use of the Web site.
- Additionally, your registration information might be used, together with other information you submit to us in conjunction with your use of the Website, for the following purposes:
- for editorial purposes, such as when you submit a recipe to us (e.g., to attribute your submitted recipe to you);
- to contact you for any reason regarding content you have submitted to the Website (e.g., to ask you a question about a recipe you have submitted); and
- to identify you by name when posting content you submit to us on the Website (e.g., when you request a recipe on the Website, to post your name and a description of the recipe you are requesting).
- If, during or immediately following registration, you choose to view offers for goods and services that are available from selected third party companies (“Co-Registration Vendors”), we will make certain contact and demographic information you provide during registration (e.g., name, age, and/or e-mail address) available to these vendors. If you request goods or services from a Co-Registration Vendor, you might be asked to submit additional demographic and other personal information. The Co-Registration Vendor might use your registration information which we provide to it, along with any information you submit directly to it, to fulfill, or secure fulfillment of, your request. For additional information about disclosure of your personal information to our Co-Registration Vendors, and their use thereafter, please see the “Disclosure of Personal Information” section below.
- We collect personal information such as your credit card, credit card billing address, and related billing information if you purchase products or services on our Website. We use this information to fulfill your orders and bill you for them.
- Any information that is not personally identifiable information but is publicly displayed on the Website (such as user name and photos) might appear in the results of searches conducted on Internet search engines while you are a member of the Website and potentially for some time period after your membership is terminated, depending upon the search engine’s indexing practices.
As an Fondness Media member, you will receive our transactional business communications (e.g. e-mail address confirmation, administrative messages, etc.) at your e-mail address or street address. We might also send such communications to you through the Message Center. In addition you might be automatically enrolled in one or more of our e-mail subscription programs. While we reserve the right to send you our transactional business communications without offering you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving them, we do provide you with the opportunity to select whether or not you wish to continue to receive our subscription-based e-mails. You will also be given the opportunity to select whether to receive promotional offerings, such as renewal notifications and new product offerings.
E-mail and Newsletters
When you submit your e-mail address to us to initiate a subscription to one of our newsletters we ask for personal information such as your name and e-mail address. This personal information is only used to send you the newsletter(s) you have requested. You might opt-out of such follow-up contacts by following the instructions in the newsletter. Please also note that we use a “double opt-in” process to confirm your subscription to our newsletters. When you initiate a subscription to one of our e-mail newsletters, we send a confirmation e-mail message to the e-mail address. We only subscribe your e-mail address to the newsletter after you follow the steps in the confirmation e-mail message. We do not use a double opt-in confirmation process for alerts.
When you elect to use our referral service for e-mailing a recipe or other content to a friend, we ask you for your friend’s name and e-mail address. Fondness Media will automatically send your friend a one-time e-mail on your behalf which contains the recipe or other content, and which invites your friend to visit the Website. Fondness Media uses your friend’s name and e-mail address only to send this one-time e-mail, and does not store this information. If your friend does not wish to receive “e-mail-a-friend” messages to be sent on your behalf, he or she must contact you directly. Fondness Media users may not use our referral service to send unwanted spam to others.
Invite-A-Friend When You Use “Invite-A-Friend” or other referral services
If you elect to use any of our referral services for informing a friend about our Site or any portion thereof, you will be asked to provide your friend’s name and e-mail address. We will then automatically send the friend a one-time e-mail (usually including your name and email address) inviting them to visit the Site. We ask for this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time e-mail and tracking the success of our referral program.
Gift Recipient Email notification
If you purchase a Supporting Membership for someone else we will send them an email (usually including your name and email address) notifying them that they were given a gift membership. We ask for this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time e-mail and for gift redemption.
Contests, Promotions, Offers, and Surveys
From time to time, our Website requests personal information from users via contests, promotions, offers and surveys. Participation in these contests, promotions, offers, and surveys is completely voluntary and you therefore may choose whether to disclose personal information in connection with these activities. Personal Information requested in these activities might include contact information (e.g., your name and shipping address) and demographic information (e.g., your zip code or age level). We use this information to notify you if you’ve won and to award prizes. We use information we collect in surveys for internal purposes, such as to ascertain the use of this Website and improve its usefulness to you. We might also provide third parties with this information, and might combine it with some or all of your registration information. Third parties might use the information we provide them to contact you regarding products or services of interest to you. These disclosures are discussed in greater detail below in the “Disclosure of Personal Information” section. When we provide information collected during a contest, promotion, offer, or survey on the Website to third parties, we always disclose this to you at the time of collection.
We collect personal information when you submit comments, questions or suggestions to our customer service department. We use the information you provide to respond to your submission and use the ideas to make site improvements.
Cookies, Web Beacons, and Log Files
- Web Beacons: We use, and permit third parties to use, “Web beacons” (also known as Internet tags, pixel tags, single-pixel GIFs, clear GIFs, invisible GIFs, 1-by-1 GIFs, and Web bugs) on our Website and in our e-mail newsletters, to monitor the effectiveness of advertising and for other lawful purposes. These Web beacons do not collect personally identifying information about you on our Website.
- Log Files: We track log files on our Website (i.e., we log your computer’s IP address into our log files when you visit a page on our Website) and use them to analyze trends, administer the Website, track your movements on the Website, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. We might link some or all of this information to personally identifiable information that is stored on a cookie in your computer. We only use information gathered from these activities for our internal marketing and operational purposes.
Disclosure of Personal Information
- Consent: With your consent, we might disclose your personal information to third parties in order to provide you with products and services that you have requested.
- During or immediately following registration, you have the option to view and select offers from various third party companies that may be of interest to you, such as retailers and consumer products manufacturers. These offers are made available to you by our Co-Registration Vendors. If you choose to view these offers we will make information you provide during registration available to these vendors. The vendors will forward this information, along with any other information you provide in conjunction with your request, to companies you have selected in order to fulfill, or facilitate fulfillment of, your request(s). Our Co-Registration Vendors are contractually obligated to keep all such information confidential and to only use it for the purposes for which it was provided. If you do not select any of the available offers, the vendors will delete your information which they have been provided. Please note, however, that any information that is passed on by these vendors to third party companies that you select is subject to those third parties’ privacy practices.
- With your consent, we might disclose information you provide to us during registration to third parties in conjunction with (i) your entry into a contest or promotion, (ii) your request of an offer, or (iii) your participation in a survey or similar activity on the Website. You might be asked for additional information in order to enter the contest or promotion, request an offer, or participate in a survey. The third parties will use the information we provide to them, along with any information you provide during your entry, request, or participation, in order to (i) notify you if you have won a prize in a contest or sweepstakes, and (ii) to fulfill, or facilitate fulfillment of, requests for products or services you may make in connection with your entry, request, or participation. These third parties are contractually obligated to keep all such information confidential and to only use it for the purposes for which it was provided. When we provide information collected during a contest, promotion, offer, or survey on the Website to third parties, we always disclose this to you at the time of collection.
- Fondness Media Own Business Purposes: We use and disclose information about you for our own internal statistical, design, or operational purposes, such as to estimate our audience size, measure aggregate traffic patterns, and understand demographic, user interest, purchasing and other trends among our users. We might outsource these tasks and disclose personal information about you to third parties, provided the use and disclosure of your personal information by these third parties is restricted to performance of such tasks. We might also share personal information with third-party vendors who assist us in performing internal functions necessary to operate our business. We require our third party vendors to keep such information confidential and to only use the information for the purpose it was provided.
- Business Transfers: Information about our users, including personal information, might be disclosed as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of company assets, as well as in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership in which personally identifiable information could be transferred to third parties as one of the business assets of the company.
We do not intend, and the Website is not designed, to collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are under 13 years old, you should not register for our services or otherwise provide information on our Website and should ask your parent to do so for you.
Third Party Website Advertising - General
Third Party Links
Third Party Sources
We use reasonable security measures to store and maintain personally identifying information so as to protect it from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction by unauthorized parties while it is under our control. We use secure socket layer (“SSL”) encryption when transmitting certain kinds of information, such as payment information, over the Internet.
, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or use the following address phone or fax number:
Fondness Media, Inc.
248 Friel st.
K1N 8Z3 Ottawa
Ontario - Canada